Friday, October 28, 2011

The F.U.N. Quotient

I love it when a priest shares a good joke.
+++

Ok, this one is an oldie but a goodie:
A pastor dies and is waiting in line at the Pearly Gates.  Ahead of him is a guy who's dressed in sunglasses, a loud shirt, leather jacket, and jeans.  Saint Peter addresses the man wearing somewhat sloppy clothes, "Who are you, so that I may know whether or not to admit you to the Kingdom of Heaven?" The guy replies, "I'm Jack Thomas Jr., taxi-driver, of Noo Yawk City." Saint Peter consults his list. He smiles and says to the taxi-driver, "Take this silken robe and golden staff and enter the Kingdom of Heaven." The taxi-driver goes into Heaven with his robe and staff. 


Then it's the pastor's turn. He stands up tall and booms out, "I am Joseph Snow, pastor of Saint Mary's Church, for the last forty-three years." Saint Peter consults his list. He says to the him, "Take this cotton robe and wooden staff and enter the Kingdom of  Heaven.""Just a minute," says the preacher. "That man before me was a taxi-driver, and he gets a silken robe and golden staff.
Why, How can this be?"

Saint Peter, looks to the preacher and says, "Up here, we work by results," "While you preached, people slept. While Jack drove, people prayed."   


+++
  
Last one: 
A minister parked his car in a no-parking zone in a large city because he was short of time and couldn't find a space with a meter. Then he put a note under the windshield wiper that read:
"I have circled the block 10 times. If I don't park here, I'll miss my appointment.
FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES."
When he returned, he found a citation from a police officer along with this note: 

"I've circled this block for 10 years. If I don't give you a ticket, I'll lose my job. 
Lead Us Not Into Temptation." 


2 comments:

  1. Love it! And I really seriously love that the cartoon linked back to my beloved, long-time online friend, Fr. Bosco!

    ReplyDelete

Too shy to leave a comment here? Email me at amongwomenpodcast@me.com.

The new Roman Missal (click & learn about the coming changes):

Watch Catholic TV here! Find Women's programs: "WINGs" and "Woman at the Heart of the Church"

A Lovely Reminder for Every Day

Coffee drinkers! Support AW by drinking Mystic Monk Coffee!

Ship a Cake, and Share a Blessing