Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cheating Death and Growing in Gratitude -- a heck of a thanksgiving post

Grateful that I've been over at Patheos for well over a year now!


Here's the opening to my latest column at A Word in Season:

In a nanosecond I saw my life pass before my eyes as an on-coming out-of-control Camaro crossed into my lane. I did all I could to avoid the impact, while thinking…  
 “Oh, God, this is how I’m gonna die.” 
But then I didn’t. The pulverizing sound of the crash was less frightening that the thought of what we would look like afterward. The little economy car was totaled. Despite a severe whiplash and bruises, I managed to get out from behind the crooked dash, unbuckle the children in the back seat -- crying and shaken but okay -- and walk away.
That day, and for weeks after, I grew in gratitude for the preciousness of life amidst harrowing flashbacks and “what if’s?”
Here's the rest.



Please consider subscribing to my weekly column.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too shy to leave a comment here? Email me at amongwomenpodcast@me.com.

The new Roman Missal (click & learn about the coming changes):

Watch Catholic TV here! Find Women's programs: "WINGs" and "Woman at the Heart of the Church"

A Lovely Reminder for Every Day

Coffee drinkers! Support AW by drinking Mystic Monk Coffee!

Ship a Cake, and Share a Blessing