Monday, March 28, 2011

This makes me think... about friends

A poet once described friends as "the sunshine of life".  I myself have found that the day is certainly brighter when I'm sharing it with my friends. Enjoying fellowship is one of the life's sweetest blessings and joys. What would we do without people and the many shadings of companionship and camaraderie? We need friends in our lives, friends with whom we not only discuss "deep" issues and confide our secrets, fears and sorrows, but with whom we can laugh, play, and even cry. The best times in life are made a thousand times better when shared with dear friend.


Camaraderie is definitely a part of friendship, and camaraderie itself can often produce friendships, too. When we reach out to others, they reach out to us. It's a two-way street, a street practically lined with balloons and streamers in celebration of the unique bonds of friendship.

---Luci Swindoll, You Bring the Confetti, God Brings the Joy

image credit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too shy to leave a comment here? Email me at amongwomenpodcast@me.com.

The new Roman Missal (click & learn about the coming changes):

Watch Catholic TV here! Find Women's programs: "WINGs" and "Woman at the Heart of the Church"

A Lovely Reminder for Every Day

Coffee drinkers! Support AW by drinking Mystic Monk Coffee!

Ship a Cake, and Share a Blessing