Monday, June 4, 2012

This makes me think... worry ain't good for us!


Do not look forward in fear
to the changes of life;
rather, look to them with full hope
that as they arise,
God, whose very own you are,
will lead you safely through all things;
and when you cannot stand it,
God will carry you in His arms.
Do not fear what may happen tomorrow;
the same everlasting Father who cared
for you today will take care of you then and every day.
He will either shield you from suffering,
or will give you unfailing strength to bear it.
Be at peace and put aside
all anxious thoughts and imaginations.

--St Francis de Sales
(from a letter to Mme de Granieu)

I have long loved this quote. You'll find it in a previous article I wrote honoring St. Frank. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this Pat... on a day when I so sorely need it. God is so good and you are a good messenger. Thank you.

    This will go on the Facebook wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran, this is one of those quotes that 'anchors' my soul... and keeps me connected to Christ when the storms blow. All I can say is "ditto". Peace to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Fran, I very much needed this quote today. Many many thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete

Too shy to leave a comment here? Email me at amongwomenpodcast@me.com.

The new Roman Missal (click & learn about the coming changes):

Watch Catholic TV here! Find Women's programs: "WINGs" and "Woman at the Heart of the Church"

A Lovely Reminder for Every Day

Coffee drinkers! Support AW by drinking Mystic Monk Coffee!

Ship a Cake, and Share a Blessing