Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christ the King, a few thoughts over at Patheos.com

"A Word in Season" has a few of my reflections on the Feast of Christ the King. Here's just a bit:
He hung there waiting to die, on a cross next to Jesus. He was a condemned thief paying his debt to society. Yet, in a remarkable moment of clarity amid the chaos, noise, and mockery surrounding them, Dismas – forever immortalized as “the good thief” – acknowledged Christ the King:
"Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom." (Luke 23:42.)
 And what looked like a dead end was just the beginning for Dismas… for he was personally canonized as a saint by Christ the King himself with the words, "Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise." (Luke 23:43.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too shy to leave a comment here? Email me at amongwomenpodcast@me.com.

The new Roman Missal (click & learn about the coming changes):

Watch Catholic TV here! Find Women's programs: "WINGs" and "Woman at the Heart of the Church"

A Lovely Reminder for Every Day

Coffee drinkers! Support AW by drinking Mystic Monk Coffee!

Ship a Cake, and Share a Blessing