Monday, November 8, 2010

Angels Watchin' Over Me... (yeah, for real!)

Happy to be over at Faith and Family Live today, unpacking the Church's teaching on angels. Here's a little snippet:

Drawing on Scripture, the Church has long taught the existence of guardian angels who personally attend us. In referring to the angels given to each child, Jesus said: “See that you do not despise one of these little ones; for I tell you that in heaven their angels always behold the face of my Father who is in heaven (Matthew 18:10)”.  (See also: Psalm 34:7, Luke 16:22 and Psalm 91:11.)
Just dwell on the second part of that verse, and let’s reflect for a moment … in heaven their angels always behold the face of my Father …
Whatever I am doing at this very moment, my guardian angel, who is with me, is beholding the glory of God. The attention of our guardian angel is supernatural, and it takes place simultaneously on earth and in heaven. And while your angel is taking in both views, what do you think it is doing? 
Interceding for you. 

Read the entire article. 

Image credit 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too shy to leave a comment here? Email me at amongwomenpodcast@me.com.

The new Roman Missal (click & learn about the coming changes):

Watch Catholic TV here! Find Women's programs: "WINGs" and "Woman at the Heart of the Church"

A Lovely Reminder for Every Day

Coffee drinkers! Support AW by drinking Mystic Monk Coffee!

Ship a Cake, and Share a Blessing