Monday, April 23, 2012

This makes me think... about God's voice

I'm the secret Fire in everything, and everything smells like Me.
The living breathe in My sweet perfume,
and they breathe out praise of Me.
They never die
because I am their Life.


I flame out -- intense, godly Life -- over the shining fields of corn.
I glow in the shimmer of fire's embers,
I burn in the sun and the moon and the stars.
The secret Life of Me breathes in the wind
and holds all things together soulfully.


This is God's voice.

--Hildegard of Bingen, Hymn, (1098-1171).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too shy to leave a comment here? Email me at amongwomenpodcast@me.com.

The new Roman Missal (click & learn about the coming changes):

Watch Catholic TV here! Find Women's programs: "WINGs" and "Woman at the Heart of the Church"

A Lovely Reminder for Every Day

Coffee drinkers! Support AW by drinking Mystic Monk Coffee!

Ship a Cake, and Share a Blessing