Friday, May 13, 2011

Feast of Our Lady of Fátima

Our Lady of Fátima, in my living room

I've traveled to Fátima in 1998 and 2002. What a blessing to have visited what Blessed John Paul II once called Mary's "throne" on earth. Mary's message at Fátima is one for today as well... it was there she identified herself as the Lady of the Rosary, and its largely why I pray the rosary today, among other reasons. 

Any time I think I might be faltering in my devotion to Our Lady and the rosary, something like this really lifts me up and gently reminds me to pick it up again...



Read my piece on Fátima and Blessed John Paul II at the Catholic portal on Patheos.

1 comment:

Too shy to leave a comment here? Email me at amongwomenpodcast@me.com.

The new Roman Missal (click & learn about the coming changes):

Watch Catholic TV here! Find Women's programs: "WINGs" and "Woman at the Heart of the Church"

A Lovely Reminder for Every Day

Coffee drinkers! Support AW by drinking Mystic Monk Coffee!

Ship a Cake, and Share a Blessing