Friday, February 25, 2011

The Fun Quotient... from Paris!

So, did you hear that I made an unexpected journey to Paris? 


My daughter Katie (who is studying in London this semester) met me there for a girl's getaway! (I had to skip last's week's Among Women, so I could go be "among women".) That's she and me atop the Arc de Triomphe... yeah, it was a bit breezy up there! 
(Eiffel Tower in the background.)

Katie and her new friend, "Mona" in the background. 
(You gotta get up pretty early to visit that exhibit with so few art patrons around!)

One of my favorite stops on the tour, the basilica on Montmartre, Sacra Coeur.  Read my Patheos column this week for mention of it. We went at night to get a lovely evening glimpse of the city from that high vantage point.  Perpetual Adoration has been going on there for 125 years! Amazing!

Oui, there was wine and cheese...

And cheesecake, and cafe au lait...

(There are more pictures still stuck in daughter's camera!) 
Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too shy to leave a comment here? Email me at amongwomenpodcast@me.com.

The new Roman Missal (click & learn about the coming changes):

Watch Catholic TV here! Find Women's programs: "WINGs" and "Woman at the Heart of the Church"

A Lovely Reminder for Every Day

Coffee drinkers! Support AW by drinking Mystic Monk Coffee!

Ship a Cake, and Share a Blessing