Thursday, December 30, 2010

Year-End Stuff that Caught My Attention

Top 10 Vatican Stories, counting back from #10 to #1:


Here's the wise and ever-astute Elizabeth Scalia's take on 8 Big Stories that Shaped 2010.

Lisa Hendey's posted her Most Fascinating Catholics of 2010 over at Faith and Family. (Yours truly is an astonished listee.)

One of my favorite stories from this year was quite recent... in the Catholic-Spiritual-Life department comes this news from Green Bay Wisconsin about the previous appearances of the Blessed Mother to Adele Brise, in 1859, taking place just shortly after the appearances at Lourdes. There's a slide show here.

My favorite song of the year goes to "Better Than A Hallelujah" sung by Amy Grant, but penned by that perennial Catholic songwriter and performer, Sarah Hart, and Chapin Hartford.  The song is up for a Grammy nomination.

And, totally unrelated, but just cuz I love photography, here are three entries:


And going forward into the calendar New Year, here's George Weigel, keeping an eternal perspective, along with biblically-based "resolutions"from Patrice Fagnant MacArthur.

2 comments:

  1. Well, of course you're fascinating! :) I am working my way through the Among Women podcast series and I thought the CNMC looked fabulous, even from afar. You do good work.

    Great post - happy new year, Pat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dorian! Drop me a line about your progress on hatching a new podcast! Best to you and yours in 2011!

    ReplyDelete

Too shy to leave a comment here? Email me at amongwomenpodcast@me.com.

The new Roman Missal (click & learn about the coming changes):

Watch Catholic TV here! Find Women's programs: "WINGs" and "Woman at the Heart of the Church"

A Lovely Reminder for Every Day

Coffee drinkers! Support AW by drinking Mystic Monk Coffee!

Ship a Cake, and Share a Blessing