Thursday, December 23, 2010

A Word in Season: "Behold!"

Up at my column over at Patheos today... a look at one of my favorite words from the Bible...

Behold makes me perk up and pay attention. Simply defined, behold means to see, to gaze upon, to observe, to have vision.
Whenever I find it in the New Testament, I always watch what happens next.Behold is like the sound of the drum roll you hear when the theater curtain pulls back revealing center stage. Behold is my cue to tune in, to get ready, and see what unfolds.
The rest is here.



++++++++++++++++++++++

Here's something worth sharing with other Catholic friends... 

Did you know that you can subscribe to the Catholic Newsletter from Patheos? Just click here and then follow the prompts. (Be sure to check the Christian-Catholic box in order to receive the Catholic Newsletter, and save your changes at the bottom of the page.)

Then your newsletter will arrive in your email inbox, looking like this sample photo.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too shy to leave a comment here? Email me at amongwomenpodcast@me.com.

The new Roman Missal (click & learn about the coming changes):

Watch Catholic TV here! Find Women's programs: "WINGs" and "Woman at the Heart of the Church"

A Lovely Reminder for Every Day

Coffee drinkers! Support AW by drinking Mystic Monk Coffee!

Ship a Cake, and Share a Blessing