Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pause for this: Ave Maria - on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception

Over the years I have come to read and write many tributes to the Blessed Mother.  But in this season of waiting and watchfulness, I found this true story of "a living nativity" very touching. I also thought it sweet that the woman's name was Maria, Mary's namesake, even though the writer never names herself in this piece (let alone her blog), I appreciated this identification: "and for a moment, I had walked in Mary’s footsteps, and felt closer to her than I had ever before." Go read it.  Even better, add a soundtrack to the piece by clicking on the video below to hear the music Bocelli's soulful rendering of this Ave Maria as you do...




~~~~~~~~~~

BTW, If you missed my article discussing the doctrine of the Immaculate Conception, you'll find over at my column, "A Word in Season" on Patheos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too shy to leave a comment here? Email me at amongwomenpodcast@me.com.

The new Roman Missal (click & learn about the coming changes):

Watch Catholic TV here! Find Women's programs: "WINGs" and "Woman at the Heart of the Church"

A Lovely Reminder for Every Day

Coffee drinkers! Support AW by drinking Mystic Monk Coffee!

Ship a Cake, and Share a Blessing