Thursday, September 16, 2010

Cries of the Heart: Honest Prayer and Filial Love

I've over at "Summa This, Summa That" today, and wondering aloud about how the honest depth of our most difficult prayers really connects us to the truth of who we are... by virtue of our baptism.
Here's a snippet:

Sometimes it takes a while to get honest about who we really are before God. Years even. But when our egocentricities and mistakes take their toll, the cry from our heart leaks out. Fortunately for us, God knows all about it. And he has been waiting for us to bring him whatever is tearing us up inside. Closer than my next breath, God my Father is ready to move in my situation if I give him room to act.
 In our moment of relinquishment God does his best work. God waits for those honest moments – conversion moments! —when we lean more into him, and less on ourselves.  Its then we unpack the truest gift of baptism – our redemption! 
Read the rest here

BTW, I thought Amy Grant's "Better Than A Hallelujah" fit the bill rather well for this post. So here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too shy to leave a comment here? Email me at amongwomenpodcast@me.com.

The new Roman Missal (click & learn about the coming changes):

Watch Catholic TV here! Find Women's programs: "WINGs" and "Woman at the Heart of the Church"

A Lovely Reminder for Every Day

Coffee drinkers! Support AW by drinking Mystic Monk Coffee!

Ship a Cake, and Share a Blessing