Friday, January 14, 2011

The Church as My Mother & Teacher

Like most of my better lessons in life, taking the Church as my Mother and Teacher was something that grew over time...

My best memories of my mother and my favorite teachers are what shaped my understanding of the Catholic Church as my Mother and Teacher. Sure, in my younger years, I lacked a real appreciation for the richness and wisdom that She was trying to impart to me.  But once I got a taste of real forgiveness and grace – the home cooking of what every soul is hungry for – I never wanted another Mother or Teacher again. Over the course of my young adult years, there were moments of on- going conversion. And since that time, I’ve found a sense of fulfillment within the Church like no place on earth because Jesus was there. 

Read the rest over at my column today at Catholic Exchange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too shy to leave a comment here? Email me at amongwomenpodcast@me.com.

The new Roman Missal (click & learn about the coming changes):

Watch Catholic TV here! Find Women's programs: "WINGs" and "Woman at the Heart of the Church"

A Lovely Reminder for Every Day

Coffee drinkers! Support AW by drinking Mystic Monk Coffee!

Ship a Cake, and Share a Blessing