Monday, November 22, 2010

This makes me think... and pray...


Father,
I abandon myself into your hands;

do with me what you will.

Whatever you may do, I thank you:
I am ready for all, I accept all.
Let only your will be done in me, and in all your creatures.
I wish no more than this, O Lord. 
Into your hands I commend my soul;
I offer it to you
with all the love of my heart,
for I love you, Lord,
and so need to give myself,

to surrender myself into your hands,
without reserve,

and with boundless confidence,

for you are my Father.   

Amen.

--- “Prayer of Abandonment" from Blessed Charles de Foucauld, (1858-1916)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too shy to leave a comment here? Email me at amongwomenpodcast@me.com.

The new Roman Missal (click & learn about the coming changes):

Watch Catholic TV here! Find Women's programs: "WINGs" and "Woman at the Heart of the Church"

A Lovely Reminder for Every Day

Coffee drinkers! Support AW by drinking Mystic Monk Coffee!

Ship a Cake, and Share a Blessing