Friday, March 19, 2010

The Scandal of Evil is No Match for the Cross of Christ

In my latest article at Catholic Exchange, I share some of my favorite quotes that soothe my heart in the face of evil.


Here's a snippet:

We’ve all been victims of pain, hurts, other peoples sins, and our own.  And yes, we are victims of evil. 

The Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC) calls it “the scandal of evil” since it derails the providence of God that we are meant to know.  In fact CCC 309 boldly states:

There is not a single aspect of the Christian message that is not in part an answer to the question of evil.

A few passages in the Catechism bring me great comfort in regard to evil and the reality of the devil in our world. Oh, by the way, the Catechism reminds us that the devil exists too. (Though his marketing campaign would have us believe otherwise.) 

Read the rest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Too shy to leave a comment here? Email me at amongwomenpodcast@me.com.

The new Roman Missal (click & learn about the coming changes):

Watch Catholic TV here! Find Women's programs: "WINGs" and "Woman at the Heart of the Church"

A Lovely Reminder for Every Day

Coffee drinkers! Support AW by drinking Mystic Monk Coffee!

Ship a Cake, and Share a Blessing