Monday, December 12, 2011

Our Lady of Guadalupe, another delightful nickname for Mary!

In my family, affectionate nicknames play a certain role. My Bob is Hubby, Honey, St. Bob, My Love and more... My children all have similar versions that play on their names, or little titles that they grew up with Bobster, Katiekins, Petester, Jellybean, Bud, Sweetie... you get the picture.

There's a lot of affection for Momma Mary, the Blessed Virgin Mary, around this blog and on the podcast. The Church too has no shortage of affectionate "nicknames" or blessed titles for her.

Today we celebrate the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Patroness of the Americas.

It's a lovely story to revisit if you have the time and inclination. There are some lovely photos of the Shrine in Mexico here.

Earlier this year, my friend, Maria Johnson, (whose got quite a few nicknames herself) shared her love of Guadalupe in an article that I am re-posting here.  Months back she also sent me this photograph of the statue that inspired the article.... I love how the stars are illuminated and dance on Mary's mantle.

+Our Lady of Guadalupe, Pray for us!

photo credit: Maria Johnson


Previous posts on the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe: 2010, 2009.

Or, for more on nicknames for the Mary, try this: M.O.M.S. the Word!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Too shy to leave a comment here? Email me at amongwomenpodcast@me.com.

The new Roman Missal (click & learn about the coming changes):

Watch Catholic TV here! Find Women's programs: "WINGs" and "Woman at the Heart of the Church"

A Lovely Reminder for Every Day

Coffee drinkers! Support AW by drinking Mystic Monk Coffee!

Ship a Cake, and Share a Blessing